Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Easiest Pasta Dish Ever!

Tonight I made a very simple (and cheap!) pasta dinner. I originally found the recipe on Facebook, but I have made a couple little changes to it and am pleased with the result. I hope you enjoy it too!

Here's the delicious end result, sorry I don't have any photos of the process, but its my first post about my cooking so I didn't think to take more photos. I will get them next time!




Ingredients:
  • Spaghetti
  • 2 14oz cans of tomatoes (I chose 1 of Italian style, 1 of chili style)
  • 1 package of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
  • About 1/2 a cup of diced onions
  • 2 tbsp oil

The Process:
  1. I broke the spaghetti in half so it all fit in the pot laying flat. I then put the oil in and filled the pot with water just above the spaghetti, you don't need a whole lot of water.
  2. You add the canned tomatoes in, juice and all. Then break up the mushrooms into small pieces and add the onions.
  3. I added some garlic powder, black pepper, and basil for more flavour.
  4. Keep heat on low-medium and boil, stirring occasionally. It should take about 30 minutes to boil all down. With the juice of the tomatoes it makes a nice light sauce, so you don't need to buy extra sauce for it.
The Total Cost:
Spaghetti -- $1
Canned Tomatoes -- $2
Mushrooms -- $1
Onion -- $1
                                        
$5 to feed 3 adults and a toddler, with left overs to boot!


Earlier The Same Day

I made some peanut butter cookies for myself and the little one. The men in the house don't like them, so they don't get any! Mwahaha!

I got the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. Its her super yummy Single Serving Peanut Butter Cookies.

Be sure to go check out her other yummy recipes!

Here's my finished results. Just lucky there's any left for a photo.


Is there anything you guys would like to see me post? I have a lot in store for you, but if you have any questions or specific things you'd like me to talk about I can take requests (to a limit of course).

Cheers,
Sheila



No comments:

Post a Comment